On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Rohan Drape wrote:

> hello dave (& list),
>
> looks like a cabal/ghc/hosc version mismatch.
>
> unfortunately i'm no cabal expert, the setup
> i have here is:
>
> $ grep Version hosc.cabal
> Version:          0.3
> $ ghc --version
> The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.8.2
> $ ls ~/lib/ghc-6.8.2/lib | grep Cabal
> Cabal-1.2.3.0
> $
>
> hosc 0.3 is the current darcs version.
>
> if you are running a newer ghc/cabal i'll
> look into what has changed and fix the
> cabal file.
>
> if you are running older versions henning
> thielemann put a version of hosc/hsc3 (0.1.1)
> on hackage that works with older ghc (i think
> back to 6.4).

ghc-6.4, right. It's just a change in the Cabal file not in the modules.
Should be simple to adapt to newer hosc versions. However you need to
upgrade the Cabal, since the one shipped with 6.4 cannot handle the
conditional package dependencies.

>> From: "Dave Gibbs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Subject: HOSC question
>> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 22:00:09 -0700
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm currently in a Haskell class, and since I
>> already love SuperCollider, I thought I'd have
>> a go at the HSC3.
>>
>> But I'm having a bit of trouble building it.
>>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/hosc$      runhaskell Setup.lhs configure --prefix ~
>>
>> Setup.lhs: hosc.cabal:25: 'Executable' stanza starting with field
>> 'data-files'

This indicates that your Cabal is too old. The one of ghc-6.6 cannot
handle conditional package dependencies, the one of ghc-6.8 can. But you
can upgrade Cabal independent from GHC.