Hello

I hope this is the right place to write and ask about haskore.

I'm a musician and experienced software-developer (but still a
haskell-noob). I am extremely excited about haskore, because it allows
to express all my (formal) musical ideas in a mathematical way, and
then execute them and hear the midi-result (an executable DSL!). This is
really fantastic, and I want to get my fingers dirty (especially in
formulating higher concepts such as harmonies etc.)

Since I am also devoted to F/OSS, I have a number of open questions
concerning the state of the project:

1) What license applies? There is no "LICENSE" in the darcs-repo or the
zip.

2) Where is the "home" of haskore, i.e. a Homepage, a mailinglist, a
bugtracker etc? http://haskell.org/haskore/ seems a bit outdated. There
is http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskore, which gets updated once
in a while, but for such a powerful project, this is not adequate
(IMHO).

3) Who is the team (may commit changes), where should I send patches
(if i had any ..)?

4) Concerning the cabal build-system: I followed the suggestions of
the Readme, and removed all references to SuperCollider, then harshly
deleted 'src/Haskore/Interface/SuperCollider' and 'src/Test' (also
commented out executables 'test' and 'air' from the cabal file.
Finally I could install it.

4a) Now I am missing the functions/actions from TestHaskore, especially
'play::Music -> IO ()'. How can I do that now?

4b) Why does Haskore (which is rock solid in the original zip) now
depend on "highly experimental stuff" ? It is great to have additional
interfaces to other players, but IMHO it shouldnt hinder users from
installing the Basis etc. Is there no way to give configuration
options to "Setup.lhs configure" to enable/disable some features (such
as SuperCollider)? That way, the default-behavior would work for
everyone, while the experimental features would still be available to
more advanced users.

Thanks for keeping this alive.

So long, Sebastian.