On Mon, 17 May 2010, Renick Bell wrote:

Hello.

Using hsc3, I have a process which is playing eigth notes at 120 bpm
(four calls to audition per second). After doing something like what
Alex described in "Hacking Perl in Nightclubs", the timing sounds
reasonable, except that roughly once every five seconds a note is
about a sixteenth note late (~125 ms).

Currently I'm also struggling with buffer under-runs, perceivable latency and probably garbage collection problems, certainly due to a memory leak in my code based on ALSA and LLVM. Actually, since top shows slowly increasing memory consumption I'm quite sure there is still a memory leak and a memory leak is a good explanation for much work for the garbage collector. So I'll hunt it more intensively.

Since it is so easy to introduce memory leaks or slightly too strict functions in lazy list processing, I'm envious of the iteratee or the arrow approach, but I suspect they have their own problems ...