On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Erik de Castro Lopo
<mle...@mega-nerd.com> wrote:
> Henning Thielemann wrote:
>
>> I am reading on
>>   http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2011/?page=participation
>>  that one topic of the Linux Audio Conference is "Audio Hardware
>> Support". This refreshes my curiosity whether there are open source
>> Hardware synthesizers?
>
> There is a the FPGA-Synth website and mailing list:
>
>    http://www.fpga.synth.net/
>
> where people are doing synth designs in Verilog or VHDL and programming
> them into FLGAs.

Though it sounds like what you want is a programmable controller, not
a synthesizer, right?  If it's a synthesizer I don't see much reason
nowadays to go with custom dsp hardware when general purpose CPUs are
so fast and laptops so small, unless it's just for fun.  For a
physical controller there's still lots of reason because the whole
point is to talk to hardware.