On Sun, 1 Sep 2013, Noah Hall wrote:

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a game where the music is being generated through
converting the pixels on screen
into musical tones. At the moment, I have a working prototype in Python,
however, I'm working on converting
it into Haskell. The question I have is are there any recommended texts or open
source libraries that I
should look at in order to improve the conversion process? I intend on using
the Data.WAVE module and simply
porting the variance and ADSR envelope algorithms over. Any other suggestions
regarding creating more
"authentic" tones would also be appreciated.

Is it important for you to generate particular sounds, or would it be ok for you to control a MIDI synthesizer like TiMidity via MIDI?