Hi,

(I tried to post this about 3 weeks ago, but it bounced back with "550
Unrouteable address")

Motivated by the earlier reddit post [1], I dug up some older code and
shaped
it up to a release.

The resulting library, launchpad-control [2], allows one to interact with
the
Novation Launchpad [3], which is a relatively affordable (approx $150) MIDI
controller consisting a 8x8 grid of LED-illuminated buttons (there are also
some extra auxiliary buttons). It can be fully programmed using MIDI
messages.

The library consists of a low-level interface, and a high-level "application
framework"; the latter allows one to easily create simple "Launchpad apps".
Four such example apps are included (two sequencers, an "effect controller",
and a simple game of life simulation).

The library supports OSX and Windows, as it relies on hmidi [4]. I think the
easiest way to add Linux support would be to write a hmidi-compatible
wrapper
around Henning's ALSA code.

Balazs

[1]