― Attachment links are at the end of this email ―

On 01-12-2014 18:06, Francesco Ariis wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 10:21:17AM -0600, Kyle Marek-Spartz wrote:
>> I don't have flash and can listen just fine on Soundcloud using HTML5 audio.
>> It must be something else.
>
> After a bit of searching on the linuxaudio mailing lists I found [1]:
>
>     It's worth noting that Soundcloud HTML5 player only actually uses HTML5
>     when the browser supports MP3, which is notably not the case in Firefox
>     or Chromium (though Google's official Chrome builds do include it). If
>     you open a Soundcloud stream on one of those browsers, it'll still use
>     Flash.
>
> (Mozilla foundation changed its mind on the matter some time ago).
>
> It is at the same time understandable on SC part (having twice as
> many files on their server is not an option) and quite disheartening
> if you care about patent-unrestricted formats.
>
> [1] http://linuxaudio.org/mailarchive/lau/2012/10/31/193973

Hi

Actually by coincidence I discovered yesterday that I can donwload mp3's
from soundcloud even if they are not for download. I'm on ubuntu and
using firefox. If I go to tools -> programming -> web console (or
whatever it is called in english) and if I go to network activity and
reload the page I can see all the get and post requests... at some point
I will see one for an mpeg file, then I can right click and do "copy as
curl", then I can just go into a terminal, paste the curl command and
pipe the result into a file. Not sure if I'm using the flash or html5,
but I assume that if firefox can see the /get request, it's html5 ?

best,
Miguel
Haskell Art now contains the following file

    http://lurk.org/r/file/x7lN6bdqrs5b8apXFQ7pLqOwP21-7D-2uJeN5i
    Name: signature.asc
    Type: application/pgp-signature
    Size: 0KB