Wed, 27 Sep 2000 00:22:05 +1100, Manuel M. T. Chakravarty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> pisze:

> Hmm, this seems like a shortcoming in the Haskell spec.  We have all
> these isAlpha, isDigit, etc functions, but I can't get at a list of,
> say, all characters for which isAlpha is true.

You can: filter isAlpha ['\0'..'\xFFFF']
(don't use maxBound here because it's too large and we know that
currently there are no isAlpha characters outside this range).

Working on large explicit lists is inefficient. 45443 characters
are isAlpha. A lexer should be designed to avoid using a full list.

--
 __("<  Marcin Kowalczyk * [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://qrczak.ids.net.pl/
 \__/