On 2001-06-01T17:59:25+0100, Ross Paterson wrote:
> Here's a negative space hack that gives extensible brackets: write
> \Sem{expr} to wrap an expression.  (Doubtless someone who knows TeX
> could do better.)

Ah!  Neat.  [One wishes that TeX could consider arbitrary code to be
delimiter definitions, in the sense of \left, \right, \biggl, etc.,
though.]

While we are on the subject of doubling up delimiters, what are good
ways to typeset double angle brackets "<< ... >>"?  Perhaps the amount
of backing up would depend somehow on the size of the brackets?

--
Edit this signature at http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/ken/sig
Street Preacher: "You must accept Jesus Christ."

PGP signature