On vrijdag, sep 26, 2003, at 09:16 Europe/Amsterdam, John Meacham wrote:
On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 08:59:12AM +0200, Ketil Z. Malde wrote:
I think there is a problem with too much overloaded syntax.  Perhaps
it is time to put non-ASCII characters to good use?

For instance, function composition could use the degree sign: °
and leave the . for module qualification.

why not the actual functional composition operator: · or ∘

we could also make good use of ∀ ∃ ⇒ ← ∧ ∨  and all the other fun
mathematical operators.

This is very readable, but not very writable.

Until I get a keyboard with a ∀ key, I would prefer to restrict the syntax to ASCII/whatever and simply make it the editor's responsibility to display source code using special characters.

フランクより