This should have been sent to haskell-cafe...

Am 27.01.2005 um 21:28 schrieb Paul Hudak:

Chris, I'm not sure that I understand your argument. How about this scenario, which is what I do: Students are assigned problems, without solutions. They are given some time to work them out and turn them in. Then they are given the solutions, most of which I go over in class.

That is perfectly alright with me. The problem that we are discussing is that it would be helpful to have the solutions to the exercises for a book that I buy for studying on my own. And this is where I learn most from. But most of those books (including the Haskell School of Expression) do not include solutions. In contrast, Pierce's Types and Programming Languages helps the reader by giving at least solutions to the most important exercises. And it is just nice to check, if you have understood the problem correctly and whether there is a more elegant solution.

Regards,
Chris