Cale Gibbard wrote:
Int is the type of machine integers, with guaranteed range at least
-2^29 to 2^29 - 1, while Integer is arbitrary precision integers, with
range as large as you have memory for.

Alright, that was my guess (though I had no idea which was which).

I expect you'll replace ints with a more interesting list, as ints !! i is
currently equal to i.

Yeah. I'm actually writing the PRNG component of RC4. I figured that would be a simple yet interesting problem to get started with Haskell. But I wanted to show the most minimal function I could that still illustrates the problem I have.

If you need to coerce something of integral (Int, Integer) type to any
numeric type, use fromIntegral.

Okay, I just guessed that I should use it like this:

     j = ints !! fromIntegral( i )

That seems to work, so I'll go with it.

Thanks!

Cheres,