Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:

Your mistake is the "start talking about groups as you do in every day
English" part.

The point I'm trying to make is that you can't necessarily predict that a programming language will abscribe special meaning to standard known words like "group" or "list". I can very well talk about a list without knowing that the members of this list (see?) might have a special meaning for that word that I'm not aware of. You can't possibly forsee that sort of thing. It is not a mistake to use the word "group" to mean what it means in English, I can't possibly know that an Algebraist has a particular definition of "group" that differs from every-day use.

Cheers,
Daniel.