fred wrote:

As long as this group seems to tolerate "What about Haskell and language X?"

As an aside...

This group has been extremely tolerant of my newbie questions. I do want to say thank-you to everyone who has been explaining things to me. I've learned quite a bit about programming languages the last couple of weeks. Just as importantly, I understand better why Haskell rocks, and when it is appropriate to use.

has anyone had any experience with AliceML? My initial impression is that it
might be a nice tool for teaching fundamental concepts.

I'd be interested to know too.

Cheers,
Daniel.