Lennart Augustsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jacques Carette wrote:
> Such people have the nasty habit of also thinking that ALL > functions are continuous! You might think they were constructivists or > something.
Why would a constructivist think that all functions are continuous?
It makes no sense.

That would be a theorem of construtive mathematics! All *constructible* functions are continuous. See
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/mathematics-constructive/
for some of these ideas. For a lot more details, I recommend the book of Weihrauch, "Computable Analysis". Others have recommended the books of Bishop and of Beeson, but I have not read them (yet).

Jacques