At 10:27 16/05/05 +0200, Gracjan Polak wrote:

Hi,

Simple question: I need a function that matches string in another string. Something like:

find (isSuffixOf "needle") (inits "haystack")

This one is beautiful, but not very practical. Could anybody point me to some haskell library that does some searching, using KMP for example?

[[ import List foo = isPrefixOf (reverse "needle") (reverse "haystack with needle") bar = isPrefixOf (reverse "needle") (reverse "haystack with pins") ]]

Seems to work.  And (by inspection) is linear in size of haystack.

#g

------------ Graham Klyne For email: http://www.ninebynine.org/#Contact