Arjun Guha wrote:

I have an extremely large source file of about 11 MB. It's the all-pairs shortest paths data for a map of the Hyde Park area of Chicago (no real reason, really). I generated information in Scheme and printed the result to a Haskell source file as a list. I then edited the file to initialized an array with the data.

GHC, with a 200MB stack, took up 1 hour and 1.3 GB of memory before getting killed by the system. How would I compile something of this size? I need to have the array of all-pairs shortest paths pre-computed. Any suggestions?

Don't do that. ;)

Seriously though, you would probably have better luck parsing a data file at runtime rather than trying to compile it in. It might even be that the "read" implementation for lists will be sufficent for what you want.