On Sat, 25 Aug 2012, Kristopher Micinski <krismicin...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Jay Sulzberger <j...@panix.com> wrote:
This is good.  I will look at the references given in this
thread.  The account at

http://web.archive.org/web/20060206074101/http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~mpj/thih/TypingHaskellInHaskell.html

is, I think, one part of what I was looking for.

The book I recommend (although now I feel like a bad person because I
haven't read all of it :-(.., is "The Implementation of Functional
Languages,"

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/simonpj/papers/slpj-book-1987/index.htm

I remember finding it quite approachable, although for the immediate
need of trying to implement *Haskell* in a verified environment, it
might not be immediately helpful, it's really good background reading
on the subject that will be imperative should you want to do such
things (and written around the time when Haskell was congealing, so
should be representative-ish of the attitudes underlying Haskell's
design at the time: graph reduction, compiling pattern matching,
translating high level lamda languages to core semantics).

kris

I have read the book to page 12.  So far I am swimming in waters
known to me.  I think you are right: It looks to be slow and
careful, and thus just right for me.

oo--JS.