Hi,

Trying to understand how to write a document using a pickler but I can't make
sense of the types.

>From the example:

     runX ( xunpickleDocument xpSeason
                               [ withValidate no
                               , withTrace 1
                               , withRemoveWS yes
                               , withPreserveComment no
                               ] "simple2.xml"

             processSeason

             xpickleDocument   xpSeason
                               [ withIndent yes
                               ] "new-simple2.xml"
           )

So all I want to do is pickle a value directly instead of reading the value
from a document.  I expected to do something like:

runX (someHXTPicklingFunction myValue

      xpickleDocument ...)

but I can't seem to figure out what someHXTPicklingFunction should be, it's
certainly nothing obvious like pickleDoc, because that generates the wrong
value.

Seems like I probably have a much more fundamental problem in that I really
don't understand how the arrow part of this little example really works, but I
was kind of hoping that doing something "simple" like this might shed some
light on that.  And then was immediately stuck in type hell.

Thanks,

Brian