On Nov 17, 2005, at 1:44 PM, Sebastian Sylvan wrote:

Are you sure it's safe to kill a thread which has already been killed?

It seems so from the docs.

Why do you fork off the killing of the threads? Why not just run them
in sequence?

Someone said that they read somewhere that killThread can block. I'm not gonna point any fingers at musasabi ;-).

Also, I'd recommend refactoring the code a bit, write a function
"parIO" which runs IO computations in parallell and then define
timeout in terms of that.

I did this by stealing the timeout/either combinators from the Asynchronous Exceptions paper. It did not help a single bit.

        Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/