Hi all,

The uuagc package [1] works fine with GHC versions 7.4.* and 7.6.1. However,
with GHC 7.6.2 the binary still compiles but runs into an infinite loop at
runtime. To reproduce, do:

cabal install uuagc && touch tmp.ag && uuagc tmp.ag

With GHC versions < 7.6.2 this succeeds and creates a (rather boring) file
tmp.hs, while with GHC 7.6.2 this displays:

uuagc: <<loop>>

I suspect that this is related to strictness annotations, which exist in many
places in the UUAGC source code (which itself is also preprocessed by the UUAGC
system). In the release notes I cannot find anything related to strictness
which could introduce this, so would anyone have a clue on where to look? Has
there been a longstanding bug in the UUAGC source code which only now surfaces?
Or is it a bug introduced in GHC 7.6.2 where something is a bit too strict?

Regards,
Jeroen Bransen

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/uuagc