Hi Oleg,

just now I wrote a message to haskell-pr...@haskell.org to propose a non-recursive let. Unfortunately, the default let is recursive, so we only have names like let' for it. I also mentioned the ugly workaround (<- return $) that I was shocked to see the first time, but use myself sometimes now.

Cheers,
Andreas