The timeleak code is just a repro case. In real life I'm reading from sockets as opposed to a file.

All I'm trying to do is run poker bots. They talk to the server and play poker. Of course some events are more important than others, a request to make a bet is more important than, say, a table update. I do need to run as many poker bots as I can.

I think that my customer's goal of 4,000 bots is unattainable in a single app. It's probably possible per machine. Overall, I find this too complex to manage with Haskell as there are many factors that can contribute to my delays and timeouts. There are also quite a few unanswered questions at the moment (why is 'sequ' slow? does the scheduler need to be tuned?) that leave me scratching my head.