Isaac Gouy wrote:
Please keep to the true spirit of fictional crime
writing and provide a motive for these evil characters
who will stop at nothing to make Haskell seem some
worse than C.

Erm, fictional? It strikes me that this particular brand of evil is more the norm than the exception. I think Bjarne Stroustrup put it quite well:

    http://public.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq.html#compare

That said, I see nothing to suggest that such is happening here. I do have objections to the shootout, but they're objections to the whole concept of benchmarks in general, not to these particular ones.

-- Ben