On 19/04/2006, at 10:32 PM, Andrew U. Frank wrote:

it appears possible to define matrix operations like LU- decomposition, SVD,
inverse etc. in a recursive fashion (see transpose in the prelude).

is this possible? has anybody code in haskell which does this (not asking
for high performance here, more instructive value).

thank you!

I recall Paul Hudak coming up with a version of LU-decomposition in Haskell using Dooliitle's method. This was in response to a challenge by (I think) Arvind, at a meeting in Mystic CT, in 1989.

--brian

Brian Boutel

Wellington
New Zealand