Jared Updike wrote:
On a related note, as I was reading the FFI specification again, I
can't find any mention of whether or not FunPtr's are stable with
respect to garbage collection. I'm assuming they are but am I
correct?

Did you read Tackling the Awkward Squad? I think Section 6 (esp.
6.4.2) addresses this:
  http://research.microsoft.com/~simonpj/papers/marktoberdorf/

Thanks - from 6.4.2:

  "Incidentally, the alert reader may have noticed
   that foreign import "wrapper", described
   in Section 6.2, must use stable pointers."

Perhaps a future revision of the FFI document could also include a direct confirmation like this?

Best regards, Brian.

strive mightily unseen to destroy us.

http://www.metamilk.com