Then I should be thanking Duncan as well (thanks!). I had seen the array fusion idea before in the NDP work, but I hadn't thought of applying to this area. I wonder where else the concept might apply? Is there a typeclass to be built?

--

Chad Scherrer

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana" -- Groucho Marx

Cheers!

Duncan Coutts and I have put in many long hours in improving the
bytestring code over the last 3 months, in particularly the Lazy
bytestring library, and array fusion on bytestrings. You can see here,
http://www/~dons/images/commits/fps-commits.png, some 200 patches a
month :}

Its gratifying to find out that people really use the code :)

-- Don