> honest, the documentation for Arrows blows my mind.  I think a few
> examples would go a long way.

John Hughes' original paper on arrows is full of examples. Additionally, Hughes wrote a tutorial on programming with arrows, for the 2004 AFP summer school in Tartu, which is very accessible. Both papers are available from Hughes' publication page. Also Ross Paterson wrote a piece called Arrows and Computation, available on the arrows homepage, which contains many illuminating examples.

-Jeff