Niklas Broberg wrote:
Also, is cond the best name for the suggested function? If we don't
expect anyone to really use it without the sugar, we could name it
whatever weird thing so as to break as few existing programs as
possible. It would make explicit import a bit more akward though. But
I suspect that if this function did exist in the Prelude, people would
start using it a lot. Does anyone have any better suggestions, or is
cond the name of the day?

I suggest:
               if_then_else :: a -> b -> b -> b

as the name of the function so that "cond" could be used for the new construct suggested by Tomasz.

Regards, Brian.
strive mightily unseen to destroy us.

http://www.metamilk.com