> If you download and compile hoogle from the darcs repo, there is a
> console version included. Of course, lambdabot gives you lots more
> than just hoogle, so might still be the one for you.

I've been avoiding that, because there are too many things I'm tempted
to fiddle with inside it.  But you've talked me into it.

Just as a warning, I've been offline without a computer for a week,
and have now entirely redesigned pretty much every aspect of Hoogle 3
in preparation for Hoogle 4. Its all on paper for now, but in the very
near future Hoogle will get completely rewritten :)

Thanks

Neil