Robert Dockins wrote:
On Tuesday 03 October 2006 22:00, Lyle Kopnicky wrote:

Hi folks,

I tried to build edison-1.2.0.1-sources with the command 'make system'
but got:

*** Exception: Line 10: Unknown field 'hs-source-dirs'

I am using GHC 6.4.1. Any idea how to fix this?

You are probably using an older version of Cabal.  You can either upgrade
Cabal or, from the Edison README*:

This version of edison builds correctly with Cabal version 1.1.4,
which is shipped with GHC 6.4.2.  To build on earlier versions,
it should suffice to:

s/UndecidableInstances/AllowUndecidableInstances/
s/Hs-Source-Dirs:/Hs-Source-Dir:/

in the .cabal files.

The 'hs-source-dir' cabal directive was depreciated in 1.1.4, but perhaps I
should have waited a bit longer to change it.  OTOH, there isn't any good way
to deal with the change in the undecidable instances flag, since it was
outright changed.  Grrrr..... *grumble* incompatible changes in minor
releases *grumble*.

(*) Further, grrrr... in the above, I've fixed several embarrasing typos in
the text of the README.

Oh, OK, thanks! Well, now I'm running GHC 6.5.20060924, and getting the error mentioned in my previous message.

- Lyle