On Nov 8, 2006, at 3:58 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Lennart Augustsson wrote:

On Nov 7, 2006, at 11:47 ,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Henning Thielemann wrote:
On Tue, 7 Nov 2006, Simon Marlow wrote:

I'd support fractional and negative fixity. It's a simple change to
make, but we also have to adopt
[...]

I think that computable real fixity levels are useful, too. A further step to complex numbers is not advised because those cannot be ordered.

But ordering of the computable reals is not computable.  So it could
cause the compiler to loop during parsing. :)

Actually, that's one of the use cases ;)

A turing-complete type-checker isn't enough! Our work is not complete until the parser is a universal machine as well!

Regards,
apfelmus

Rob Dockins

Speak softly and drive a Sherman tank.