Hi

That implies I need a way to infere or directly obtain the types of
the functions used in the core representation. That as you said, can
probably be done by means of the .hi files or the typerep extension
you mentioned. I'll try to have a look at both options. Any good
documentation pointers?

For .hi files just compile it with Yhc and take a look at the .hi file
it creates, they are plain text. If they are top level functions
(which they certainly are, I guess) this should be all you need.
Another approach is to get the type information out of Hugs with the
:t command line prod. I've done this before in another project.

Thanks

Neil