On 28/11/2006, at 12:25, Krasimir Angelov wrote:

On 11/28/06, Johannes Waldmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
seriously, how hard would it be to adapt VH to Eclipse?
the interfaces (for syntax highlighting, typechecking etc.)
should be similar - in theory.

Parsing and typechecking in VH is all done by GHC via the ghc-api. Thus strong interoperability support is needed.

Ah, and about Eclipse. Visual Studio and Eclipse are very different
platforms and you have to rewrite VSHaskell almost from scratch if you
want an Eclipse port. Perhaps the only common parts will be Cabal &
GHC.

Not only the interfaces are completely different, but an entirely new set of interoperability problems would need to be solved. The guys from EclipseFP have a document[1] about that topic.

That said I would love being able to run an eclipsified VH in my Mac :)

[1] - http://eclipsefp.sourceforge.net/haskell/ ExtendingEclipseInHaskell.pdf

Cheers
pepe