On 12/29/06, Michael T. Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  I'm trying to wrap my mind around the darcs source code as a preliminary
  to looking into GHC's guts.  All of darcs is written as .lhs files which
  have bizarre mark-up in them which distracts me from the actual Haskell
  source I'm trying to figure out and get used to.  Apparently the GHC
  compiler can take .lhs files, strip them with "unlit" (a utility which I
  finally found buried deep in the GHC installation -- off-path) and then
  compile them normally.  The problem I have is that unlit leaves behind
  instead these huge gaping (and highly distracting) stretches of
  whitespace while it takes out the markup.

Doesn't something like
egrep -v "^[^>]"
solve it?

--
Mikael Johansson                 | To see the world in a grain of sand
[EMAIL PROTECTED]            |  And heaven in a wild flower