On Wed, 2007-31-01 at 09:50 +0000, Dougal Stanton wrote:

> Hmm, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but you see what I'm
> getting at. The cookbook approach is great; it's a real shame that the
> one Haskell cookbook implementation out there (it was a reworking of a
> perl book I think? I can't remember the name) was barely recognisable as
> Haskell at all. I think the entire Prelude had been hidden and all the
> operators redefined as other things. Maybe it would be useful to start
> on that, but using idiomatic Haskell rather than obfuscated Haskell.

How about working from the Python Cookbook and going back to Haskell?
Given how many concepts recent versions of Python borrowed from Haskell,
perhaps it's time to borrow stuff back from them?  ;)

--
Michael T. Richter
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"I do not understand this sqeamishness about the use of gas. I am
strongly in favour of using poison gas against uncivilised tribes."
--Winston Churchill