On 7 Mar 2007, at 09:44, Thomas Conway wrote:

On 3/7/07, mm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> f . g . h $ x

Alternativly,

(f . g . h) x

will work, too.

It always irks me that you don't actually save any horizontal space
using $. That is,
   (e) x
has the same number of characters (incl spaces) as
   e $ x

I have to admit that I often use this form, rather than bracketing. My logic is not that it saves space (as you have demonstrated it doesn't), but instead that it makes my code easier to read and brackets easier to match -- I'd rather have the additional dollar signs than the additional brackets to count.

Bob