On Mar 13, 2007, at 17:26 , Dusan Kolar wrote:

Hello all,

I'm googling around haskell.org to get some deeper knowledge about Control.Parallel.Strategies than it is presented on http:// www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/base/Control- Parallel-Strategies.html BTW, could someone point me to some more deeper doc. about it?

During googling I've discovered that since GHC 6.6, par, forkIO, and forkOS should make the stuff run in parallel if I have more than one CPU core. Is that right? I think not, because on my machine only par makes the things run in parallel and only during the computation (GC runs in a single thread). If it should work, how can I verify that my installation is correct? If it should not work, will it be working someday?

 Thanks for your patience, responses, and tips

   Dusan

There's a bit more Haddock for Control.Parallel.Strategies in the current darcs version: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/current/docs/libraries/base/Control- Parallel-Strategies.html