For the Haskell and AI work, we ought to consider AI programming books in addition to Russell and Norvig:

/Paradigms of AI Programming: Case Studies in Common Lisp/, P. Norvig, 1991.
/Prolog Programming for Artificial Intelligence/, I. Bratko, 1990./
Artificial Intelligence Techniques in Prolog/, Y. Shoham, 1994.

Perhaps there are newer additions (e.g. Bratko), but the problems and solutions from these languages are presented. We can build on them rather than starting from scratch or even just the theoretical outline of Russell and Norvig.

Adam