On 21 May 2007, at 13:04, Rodrigo Queiro wrote:

My friend read your email and remarked:
"How is this guy not embarrassed posting on the internet about not liking vim because he doesn't like editing config files?"

Two points
1) This guy doesn't like editing config files -- that's his preference. He's stated he doesn't like either of vim or emacs, and whether you agree or not, you maybe should respect that and try to be useful and answer his question. 2) Believe it or not, a computer is a tool, it's there to get things done in the fastest and easiest way possible -- I should be able to edit my preferences in three clicks of a mouse button, rather than opening the preferences, finding the right place to edit (possibly looking up the manual to find the relevant things to insert in the config), typing a load in, and then having my preferences edited!

Yes, I really do think that's an advantage, and no, I don't think snarky comments about "not liking editing config files" are either relevant or useful.

Bob