Jon Fairbairn wrote:
"David House" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

On 31/05/07, Andrew Coppin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If you're bored... can you come up with a solution to this?
Try using floatToDigits:
http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/base/Numeric.html#v%3AfloatToDigits

"floatToDigits takes a base and a non-negative RealFloat number, and
returns a list of digits and an exponent."

I think you also need floatRadix and floatDigits.

Note that the challenge asks for the "internal" bitmap representation of an IEEE double-precision integer - not the mathematical binary expansion. (In particular, things like Infinity and NaN have special bit sequences.)

Did I mention that this is a silly challange yet?