Yes this is kind of sad. FWIW, here's how I currently approximate these features using Emacs + Haskell mode:

On 15 jun 2007, at 23.38, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've searched the internet for an Haskell IDE that supports the following:

- syntax highlighting

haskell mode

- cross module refactoring

there is HaRe, haven't tried it.

changing a function's type and then recompiling gives you a pretty useful todo-list though. :)

- quick navigation (goto symbol,

if you run hasktags you can use M-.

goto instance,

not sure, maybe one could cook something up using grep or even hasktags

find usages, etc)

M-x grep RET downarrow RET

- code completion

either you use shim or the built-in M-/, which completes everything (not semantically sensitive, though)

- "debugging" (not imperative debugging, so no breakpoints, but just
plugging in a visualizer/pretty printer for a function in a separate
dedicated window, like what http://www.apple.com/shake does on each "node")

i don't know shake, can you explain a bit more?

ghc HEAD has the ghci debugger, haven't tried it

So a bit what Jetbrains Resharper does for Visual Studio, but for Haskell.
IntelliJ and Eclipse also do this for Java.

This does not seem to exist? If this is correct, this is a real shame,
because although I read that the productivity increases a lot when correctly using Haskell, it would increase even more when such an IDE is available.

i agree

/ Thomas