On Sun, 2007-17-06 at 08:18 +0100, Alistair Bayley wrote:

> > I'm trying to build Yi (from the darcs repository) to take a look at it.
> > The README that comes with it says "it's a standard Cabal project so do
> > what you normally do" (paraphrased slightly).  The problem is that I'm not
> > a cabal user just yet and have no idea where to go from here.
>
> The standard cabal usage is:
>   runhaskell Setup.hs configure
>   runhaskell Setup.hs build
>   runhaskell Setup.hs install
>

> http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/How_to_install_a_Cabal_package
>
> Alistair

I eventually hit that Wiki and still had no joy.  On a clean darcs get:
---8<---

        $ runhaskell Setup.hs build
        "/usr/local/share/yi-0.3"
        Preprocessing executables for yi-0.3...
        Building yi-0.3...
        [1 of 4] Compiling Yi.Kernel        ( Yi/Kernel.hs,
        dist/build/yi/yi-tmp/Yi/Kernel.o )
        [2 of 4] Compiling Yi.Debug         ( Yi/Debug.hs,
        dist/build/yi/yi-tmp/Yi/Debug.o )
        [3 of 4] Compiling Yi.Boot          ( Yi/Boot.hs,
        dist/build/yi/yi-tmp/Yi/Boot.o )
        [4 of 4] Compiling Main             ( Main.hs,
        dist/build/yi/yi-tmp/Main.o )
        Linking dist/build/yi/yi ...
        Precompiling vty

        Yi/Vty.hs:10:7:
            Could not find module `Graphics.Vty':
              Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
        Precompile of vty failed. Install the corresponding library if
        needed.
        Precompiling gtk

        Yi/Vty.hs:10:7:
            Could not find module `Graphics.Vty':
              Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
        Precompile of gtk failed. Install the corresponding library if
        needed.

---8<---
Now I know that gtk is installed, given that I'm able to build gtk2hs
(or at least was able to -- I haven't tried it with GHC 6.6.1 yet).  I
have no idea what Vty is, so I don't know how to solve this problem.  I
am interested in why the gtk build is looking for what appears to be a
console library, however.

Any further guidance?
--
Michael T. Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (GoogleTalk:
[EMAIL PROTECTED])