Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
andrewcoppin:
Yeah, #haskell is pretty big - 300 people idling and 1-3 people actually
talking. :-P

Hey! We answer questions and write code for free, and you misrepresent
the population anyway:

    Maximum users seen in #haskell: 354, currently: 318 (97.8%), active: 53
(16.7%)

In fact, a lot of your exploratory/introductory questions would be most
efficiently answered on irc. Do drop by!

    http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/IRC_channel

Unfortunately, when I ask questions most people seem to either ignore me or not know what the answer is. :-(

Also, it's quite fiddly to ask long and/or complicated question in IRC. Gotta type really fast. ;-)