Hi Don

On 13 Jul 2007, at 14:47, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:

I tried an experiment this week of just taking someone's post (Conor's idiom
brackets), and putting directly on the wiki first, then letting the
author know that's happened.

Seemed entirely reasonable to me. If I have a spare moment, I might even finally get around to registering so I can add the other thing I usually bundle (for inserting effectful computations which don't contribute an argument to the main function).

> data Ig  =  Ig

> instance Idiomatic i f g  => Idiomatic i f (Ig -> i x -> g) where
>   idiomatic fi Ig xi  = idiomatic (fi <* xi)

so that   iI f a Ig (putStrLn "Boo!") b Ii
is        do {a' <- a; putStrLn "Boo!"; b' <- b; return (f a b)}

If I'm writing for a mailing list, I'm certainly willing (if surprised) to be exploited in this way.

If there is any legalistic need for explicit permission, then we should have a permanent permission system on an opt-in basis, perhaps recorded in some suitable central and accessible place (like, erm, ...). I'm in.

Cheers

Conor