I submit my own attempts for consideration:

http://www.cs.caltech.edu/~mvanier/hacking/rants/cars.html

Mike

Andrew Coppin wrote:
From the guy who brought you "data in Haskell is like an undead quantum cat", I present the following:

"If programming languages were like vehicles, C would be a Ferrari, C++ would be a Porshe, Java would be a BWM and Haskell would be a hovercraft.

It doesn't even have WHEELS! There is no steering wheel, no gearbox, no clutch... it doesn't even have BRAKES!!!

It completely turns the rules upside down. I mean, it moves by PUSHING AIR. That's just crazy! It even STEERS by pushing air. It sounds so absurd, it couldn't possibly work...

...oh, but it DOES work. Very well, actually. In fact, a hovercraft can do some things that the others can't. It works on water. It can go sideways. It can REALLY turn on the spot."

Insert whitty replies here...