Stefan just got it working yesterday with ghc 6.6.1 and sent me the patch. I imagine it'll be in the darcs repo soon if it isn't already.

Mike

Thomas Hartman wrote:

Can anybody shout out about the latest version of ghc compatible with building lambdabot?

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/lambdabot.html

shows it working on 6.4.1.

can it build under anything more recent?

t.

*"Stefan O'Rear" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>*
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

07/30/2007 11:59 PM

        Michael Vanier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc
        "haskell-cafe@haskell.org" <haskell-cafe@haskell.org>
Subject
        Re: [Haskell-cafe] problem building lambdabot

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 08:54:12PM -0700, Michael Vanier wrote:
> So, now that I've got all the libraries installed, the compile fails like
 > this:
 >
 > Building lambdabot-4.0...
 > [13 of 91] Compiling Lib.Parser       ( Lib/Parser.hs,
 > dist/build/lambdabot/lambdabot-tmp/Lib/Parser.o )
 >
 > Lib/Parser.hs:19:39:
 >     Module `Language.Haskell.Syntax' does not export `as_name'
 >
 > Lib/Parser.hs:19:48:
 >     Module `Language.Haskell.Syntax' does not export `qualified_name'
 >
 > Lib/Parser.hs:19:64:
 >     Module `Language.Haskell.Syntax' does not export `hiding_name'
 >
 > Lib/Parser.hs:19:77:
 >     Module `Language.Haskell.Syntax' does not export `minus_name'
 >
 > Lib/Parser.hs:19:89:
 >     Module `Language.Haskell.Syntax' does not export `pling_name'
 >
> I'm using the latest darcs pull of lambdabot along with ghc 6.6.1. Anyone
 > have any ideas?
 >
 > Thanks in advance for all the help,
 >
 > Mike

Lambdabot is incompatible with GHC 6.6.1, because of changes in
undocumented internal modules that lambdabot really shouldn't be
importing in the first place.  I had an idea for how to avoid the nasty
dependency a few days ago, *tries to implement it*.

Stefan
[attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Thomas Hartman/ext/dbcom] _______________________________________________

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.