Stefan O'Rear wrote:

Just wait 12 years, and if the price of processors follows Moore's
extrapolation and the Haskell keeps its parallelism, Haskell will win :)

Nice idea.

Unfortunately, writing code in Haskell does not [yet] magically cause it to become "parallel". It's just that writing [pure] code in Haskell is inherently thread-safe. ;-)

I'm very excited about things like fusion and data-parallel Haskell and so forth that seem to be "out there on the horizon", but in the "right now" I'm not sure how easy it is to write parallel Haskell code. (So far I haven't even tried. Unless you count standard "server that spawns processes when clients connect" type stuff...)