On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:

> lemming:
> >
> > ... and there was unfortunately no support in porting the stuff. I guess
> > some simple program (perl -p -e 's/{{{/<hask>/g' :-) could have simplified
> > a lot. Its however more difficult for me to do this via the web interface,
> > than for the people who have access to the bare files.
>
> The problem was the licensing. Only pages whose authors were known, and
> who gave permission to license the work freely, were ported. And only
> some of those pages actually got moved.

I'm not a lawyer, but I like to say, that the new HaskellWiki is just a
new way to present the old content. What have the authors (implicitly)
agreed on, when they entered content into Hawiki? What exactly is
"Hawiki". If you had reconfigured Hawiki to be presented in different
colors, with different font, different frame, different design - at which
point would Hawiki have been no longer Hawiki, thus requiring new
permission from authors? Now, since Moin-Moin-Hawiki is gone, can
HaskellWiki be considered as a new design of Hawiki, a different engine
presenting the same old content?