The Haskell mailing list seems to be filled with people requesting information about this error, so I cannot resist to include myself in it ;-)

I've read the information about funcdeps in the GHC user guide, and I think I understand how it works, but I get the error a lot, without having a clue why. Sometimes I get the error even when all the types of all the type parameters are completely different, so even when all parameters would be one-to-one dependent, I still don't get why I would get a conflict error.

Does a wiki exists with possible reasons why this error occured and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Peter